Al-Waraqat by Imam Al-Haramayn is a renowned classical text on the subject of Usul al-Fiqh, Islamic Legal Theory.
It paves the way for a foundational education on the sources of Islamic law and the principles for deducing legal rulings from the Quran and Sunnah.
Learn how to understand the revelation by studying what is evidences in Islam, what are the legal rulings and how the scholars of Islam deduce legal rulings and have a correct understanding of the Quran and Sunnah.
Students will learn:
- the sources of legislation in Islam,
- the principles for deducing laws from these sources,
- how these principles are applied to the sources and
- how to know the qualifications or conditions of the scholar who is capable of carrying out this task.
- Al-Waraqat is regarded as level 2 in the study of Usul al Fiqh. It covers an introduction defining usul al-fiqh, and an overview of the principles or theory of interpreting Islamic Law.
Shaykh Dr. Abdullah al-Musallam, Saudi Arabia
Qasim University Professor in Fiqh & Usul
The Shaykh is a professor of Islamic Law at Qaseem Islamic University. He is from the students of Shaykh Uthaymeen and has authored books on various topics, especially Fiqh.
Ustadh Faheem Abu Khalid, Islamic University of Madinah, Faculty of Shar’iah
Ustadh Muhammad Aideed, Islamic University of Madinah, Faculty of Shar’iah
|INTRODUCTION + COURSE FILES|
|Introduction + Course Files||00:00:00|
|Lesson 1: Usul al-Fiqh Definition & Ahkam, Islamic Legal Rulings||00:00:00|
|Lesson 2: Types of speech and their usage in the Quran and Sunnah||00:00:00|
|Lesson 3: Literal and figurative meaning, Command and Prohibition||00:00:00|
|Lesson 4: General and Specific utterances, Summarised and Elaborated Speech||00:00:00|
|Lesson 5: The Prophet’s actions (Af’aal)||00:00:00|
|Lesson 6: Abrogation (Naskh) & Methods of Interpretation||00:00:00|
|Lesson 7: Consensus (Ijmaa’), Reports (Akhbar), Analogy (Qiyaas)||00:00:00|
|Lesson 8: Prioritising of Evidences & Legal Reasoning (Ijtihad)||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.